Categories / Mechanical » Cooling System Antifreeze/ Antiboil - GMH Spec
Cooling System Antifreeze/ Antiboil - GMH Spec
|Concentrated glycol based treatment for automotive cooling systems. ASTM D1384, ASTM D4340, ASTM D2570, ASTM D2809, AS 2108, GM HN2083.
- Ready-To-Use; 50%
- Ready-To-Use; 40%
COOLING SYSTEM ANTI-FREEZE/ANTI-BOIL
This is a concentrated glycol based treatment for automotive cooling systems. It is made to General Motors Specification HN 2043 and contains a pH-buffered blend of additives known to reduce the corrosion of steel, cast iron, aluminium alloy, brass, copper and solder.
It exceeds the performance requirements of the following standards when assessed in hard water :
* ASTM D1384 " Corrosion Test for Engine Coolants in Glassware."
* ASTM D4340 "Corrosion of Cast Aluminium Alloys in Engine Coolants Under Heat Rejecting Conditions."
* ASTM D2570 "Simulated Service Corrosion Test for Engine Coolants."
* ASTM D2809 “Cavitation Corrosion and Erosion Corrosion Characteristics of Aluminium Pumps With Engine Coolants.”
* Australian/New Zealand Standard 2108.1:2004 "Engine Coolants Type A and Type B for Engine Cooling Systems."
This product will not reverse pre-existing corrosion problems, and should not be used in conflict with engine manufacturer's recommendations.
First read the label on the container and the vehicle manual. When engine and cooling system are cool, drain existing coolant by disconnecting lower radiator hose. After draining, flush system (including heater core) thoroughly and reconnect hose. Slowly add sufficient treatment premixed at 30% - 50% with distilled water to fill the cooling system. Refer to the vehicle owners manual for required dosage and dilution rate. To avoid possible incompatibility problems, do not mix with other coolant formulations.
COOLING SYSTEM ANTI-FREEZE / ANTI-BOIL may adversely effect paint finishes.
This product contains ethylene glycol and is poisonous if swallowed. Read Material Safety Data Sheet before use. Avoid contact with the skin and eyes. Keep out of reach of children.